in the Profession
Joe Epley has served in numerous board and leadership positions within public relations professional associations. Among them ...
- President of the Public Relations Society of America (1991)
- Chair of PRSA's Counselors Academy(1986)
- Chair of the PRSA College of Fellows(2003)
- President, PRSA Foundation (1992, 1996)
- Founder and later president of the Charlotte PRSA chapter
- Founding partner and later global chair of The Worldcom Public Relelations Group. With more than 100 offices in more than 35 countries, The Worldcom Public Relations Group is the largest consortium of independent public relations firms in the world.
- Life member of the Russian Public Relations Association in recognition for his assistance in:
- Establishing the first course of study in public relations within the Soviet Union
- Helping with organizational and ethical standards in the development of the Russian Public Relations Association
- Creating effective internships for Russian public relations students and teachers in the United States
- Mentoring early Russian PR practitioners
- Frequent speaker for universities, organizations and professional seminars throughout the United States, and in Canada, Argentina, the United Kingdom and Russia
- Author of numerous articles and research that contributed to the profession's body of knowledge